Founder's Associate (f/m/x)
At Hyphen, we envision a future where everyone is equipped with the skillset, inspiration and community support to make their unique dent in the world.
Together with a growing, determined team, we are committed to building a talent development platform that bring learning and career development for young professionals (0-4 years of experience) to every employer.
We are kicking it off by bringing young professionals up to speed through a training programme that is digital-first, expert-led and inherently social.
We are fortunate to partner with some of the best people in the space, are backed by world-class investors and have raised a substantial seed round from one of Europe’s top VC’s.
Now we are looking for a Founder’s Associate (f/m/x) to help us enable 1 million young professionals to learn the skills to succeed in the future of work by 2030.
The role of a Founder's Associate is naturally varied. One day you might be working on high-level and strategic initiatives, the other you could be fighting operational fires and dealing with tasks as they are thrown at you.
We see the Founder's Associate role as the perfect way to get a foothold into one of the fastest-growing ed-tech start-ups in Europe this year. Once you have found your place at Hyphen, you will immediately transition into the role and start building your own team.
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead your own strategic initiatives, such as identifying which markets to break into next and how to enter them.
- Support our founder in the fundraising process by working on a business plan, pitch deck and early investor relations.
- Work with our other Founder's Associate on developing a B2B start-up sales strategy playbook and optimise our CRM processes (e.g. what are the relevant companies we should partner up with next and why).
- Coordinate and execute initiatives to drive graduate (in the UK, Germany, Nordics etc) and industry expert (e.g. Founders, C-levels and VPs at world-class tech start-ups) growth
- Build the operations of the company from scratch and implement key processes, decision-making frameworks, automating workflows in order to prepare to scale-up Hyphen.
- Own the development of a people policy and related systems and practices that support our culture and values.
- Plan, monitor and automate the finance function of our organisation by utilizing state of the art technology (both internal, i.e. salary, reimbursement and external, i.e. revenue).
Who are you:
We know - sometimes, you can't tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you're a good fit!
- At least 1-3 years of experience in Start-ups, Consulting, VC or Investment Banking.
- Independent worker who proactively asks for feedback and input. We are straight with feedback amongst and across everyone in the team.
- Comfortable with high levels of end-to-end responsibility and rapid growth; perhaps you’ve been a founder yourself or want to be one day.
- Ability to move at speeds normal people would find impossible.
- You respect and honour people from all walks of life. Hyphen is an inclusive team and we treat people with respect regardless of their background.
- (Ideally) have experience with no-code tools like Bubble, Integromat, Zapier etc.
- (Ideally) based in London or Berlin - we’re remote by definition but aim to build hubs in London and Berlin that our future team members should join.
What you’ll get:
- 🛫 Be part of Hyphen: A unique opportunity to join a highly driven team of exceptional individuals right at takeoff and help build and shape a healthy, mission-driven company to improve the lives of millions.
- 💸 Competitive package: attractive compensation, including employee stock options. We have VC backing and a strong operational, execution-driven support network.
- 💡 Hybrid working environment: We encourage everyone to come in 2-3 days a week - and you can also work from abroad regularly.
- 🎒We will get you set up: Operating system and hardware of your choice, additional tech equipment that you need, screens, you name it - we want to enable you to do your best work.
- 👓Wellbeing support: A monthly sport and wellbeing budget can be used according to your preferences.
- 📈 Lifelong learning and personal development: We will jointly develop a personal development plan that will enable you to achieve your professional goals. All related costs, e.g. coach, courses etc. will be covered by your annual L&D budget of GBP 1,000.
- There’s more! Enjoy flexible working hours, and events (brunch or dinner) and join regular off-sites and work actions (the next one is in September in Spain).
What else to know:
Please also apply if you don't tick all the boxes in our description. We know that no candidate is ever perfect for the role and that there will be people out there who bring things to the table we haven't even thought of yet (and are super excited by this!).