Product Design Lead (f/m/x)
At Hyphen, we envision a future where everyone is equipped with the skillset, inspiration and community support to make their unique dent in the world.
Together with a growing, determined team, we are committed to building a cohort-based learning platform enabling lifelong learning and development at work for the next generation.
We are fortunate to partner with some of the best people in the space, are backed by world-class investors and have raised a substantial seed round from one of Europe’s top VC’s.
Now we are looking for a Product Design Lead (f/m/x) to help us enable 1 million young professionals to learn the skills to succeed in the future of work by 2030.
You’ll be our first product design & brand hire and will be responsible for all things related to design from start to finish.
You do not need to be an expert in all design domains, but you’ll have interest and aptitude to go deeper into some parts of the process. You can work on your core product flows one day, conduct user research to better understand your audience the next, and maybe jump in and design the pitch deck for our next round of funding.
We understand and value that an amazing design can put us ahead of 90% of the competition and you’ll also have great sparring as one of our Angel Investors runs a very successful brand and design agency in Berlin.
We want you to grow into the Head of Product Design role short-term and we will support you in your journey from day one.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Co-Founders on shaping and realising the long-term product vision.
- Design beautiful, effective experiences for a wide variety of design challenges across web, brand and social platforms.
- Lead user research interviews, usability sessions and generative discovery work.
- Work autonomously across the design lifecycle, from user research and testing to wireframing, prototyping and high-fidelity UI design.
- Define the look & feel of the brand together with our expert Angels Investor (Founder of a Design & Branding Agency).
Who are you:
We know - sometimes, you can't tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you're a good fit!
- 2+ year experience delivering great design at consumer-focused product companies.
- A fantastic collaborator, communicator and facilitator.
- You have a user-centric design mentality. You’re motivated by solving problems and are constantly hone the experience through feedback and testing.
- You’re not afraid to get stuck in with creative input across the business.
- You’ll know when to be pixel-perfect and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes for rapid iteration.
- (Ideally) experience in implementing projects in no-code tools like Bubble.io etc.
- (Ideally) based in London (we sponsor visas) or Berlin - we’re remote by definition but aim to build hubs in London and Berlin that our future team members should join.
What you’ll get:
- 🛫 Be part of Hyphen: A unique opportunity to join a highly driven team of exceptional individuals right at takeoff and help build and shape a healthy, mission-driven company to improve the lives of millions.
- 💸 Competitive package: attractive compensation, including employee stock options. We have VC backing and a strong operational, execution-driven support network.
- 🚀 Path to Head of Product Design: We have ambitious plans and want to have 100s of active learners and 100s of start-up partners within the next 12 months, and we want you to grow into the Head of Product Design role until then and will support you in your journey.
- 👫 Build and develop your own team & set your culture: You will not only work with us on the overall strategy of the start-up, but you will also manage, grow and set a culture for your own team.
- 💡 Hybrid working environment: We encourage everyone to come in 2-3 days a week - and you can also work from abroad regularly.
- 🎒We will get you set up: Operating system and hardware of your choice, additional tech equipment that you need, screens, you name it - we want to enable you to do your best work.
- 👓Wellbeing support: A monthly sport and wellbeing budget can be used according to your preferences.
- 📈 Lifelong learning and personal development: We will jointly develop a personal development plan that will enable you to achieve your professional goals. All related costs, e.g. coach, courses etc. will be covered by your annual L&D budget of GBP 1,000.
- There’s more! Enjoy flexible working hours, and events (brunch or dinner) and join regular off-sites and work actions (the next one is in September in Spain).
What else to know:
Please also apply if you don't tick all the boxes in our description. We know that no candidate is ever perfect for the role and that there will be people out there who bring things to the table we haven't even thought of yet (and are super excited by this!).
You can learn more about the application process and our company perks right here: Careers Page.